1. Welcome to the WCC! To join in with us you will need to register a forums account and a MYWCC account (here) . The MyWCC account is your professional career profile and records your promotions, medals and much more. We hope you will join us!

Corps Corps Routine Orders

Discussion in 'WCC Announcements' started by JoshSylvester, Jan 4, 2015.

1. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    4 January 2015

CO-2015-01-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the first issue of Routine Orders for 2015. Routine Orders (RO’s) will now be promulgated on a monthly basis, either by myself or another member of the Corps Command Staff.

Routine Orders are intended to assist in the dissemination of clear and concise orders, which will cascade down the chain of command, whilst also reviewing the previous month, and providing a set of achievable and measurable targets and goals for the forthcoming month.

Routine Orders will be issued in multiple formats, including forums post, uploaded to the Command Page on MyWCC, and distributed by email. They are created for the benefit of all, so I hope you will all take the time to digest the information contained below, and in each succeeding set of orders.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (December)

This section would normally be utilised for assessing and discussing the previous month’s accomplishments and goals. As this is January and the year is new, I will abstain from reviewing the last month until February, when I will discuss our performance throughout January.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (January)

For the month of January, I have set the following goals and aims;

1. To complete the application and appointment process for all positions by 10th January.
    2. For all newly appointed personnel to update their Site Address by the 21st January.
    3. To begin public consultation with regards to the return of retired elements.
    4. To attain a Corps-wide check in of 60%.
    5. For each element to submit and pass five (5) trades.
    6. To complete a Corps-wide communications check.
    7. To review the complements of both Divisions to ensure they are balanced fairly.

4. ANNOUNCEMENTS & NOTIFICATIONS

I will utilise this section to make announcements and other points of interest. I would like to congratulate all members who were recognised for their hard work in 2014, especially the following;

• Second Lieutenant Seterea on his GOLD AWARD.
    • Flight Sergeant Wolf on her NCO MEDAL OF EXCELLENCE.
    • The Naval Element on winning the ROBERT BURNS TRADES TROPHY.
    • The Army Element on winning the BLAKE AWARD.
    • The Air Force Element on winning the HARRIS AWARD.
    • Fortress Division on winning the COCK OF THE WALK (DIVISIONS) Competition.
    • Corporal Hickton on winning the COTW (COCKRELL) award.

A final reminder that the deadline to apply for the SECOND tranche of positions (Divisional Officers & Department Heads) is approaching and applications will close at 2359 GMT tonight, with the THIRD tranche concluding tomorrow at the same time.

5. SUMMARY

These Routine Orders and the aims and goals within are set with the intention to provide clear instruction for all members of the Corps. Targets that are measurable allow us to assess our progress throughout the year and push ourselves harder.

This year promises to be fruitful if the past few days have been anything to go by. Activity within the forums and communication by several mediums is on the rise, which is a very positive first impression. We must maintain this momentum for the rest of the year.

Once positions have been filled and shoes have settled under desks, we will be in a position to push forward into the new year and rebuild ourselves for the better.

Several further announcements and discussions will be distributed over the coming days, but please continue to bare with me whilst I find my feet again and work through my ‘to-do’ list.

Any questions, queries, comments or concerns should be fielded through your chain of command to the undersigned.

By Direction,

J.Sylvester.

COMMANDER (N) J. J. Sylvester,
    Commanding Officer of the Web Cadet Corps.

2. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    1st February 2015

CO-2015-02-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to February's Routine Orders. These orders provide a great opportunity to review the last months activities and set some achievable aims and goals for the forthcoming month.

The bar was set high in January, so we must work hard to keep the momentum going.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (January)

January is often a split month; the buzz and excitement of a new leader, the possibilities of advancement and new positions, and new jobs to settle in to, then movie into a calmer second half whilst we all get used to new people in new positions and learn how they operate. This is no exception for us this year, however the lull in the second half of th month was noticeably more active.

That being said, JANUARY has been an incredibly positive start for the new year. We have seen the return of several officers and NCOs, the recruitment of one new member, the successful publication of The Gazette, along with the start of our first project, Project Minerva, which will see the revival of our three retired elements.

Communication is improving, with several members responding positively to a hidden mini feature which involved reading my site address. Another positive step was the adoption of Divisional Orders by one of our Divisions (FORTRESS) and the successful completion of the first promotion board as a result of those orders.

Another strong point of growth is our Twitter account, which, under the management of our PR NCO has seen an increase of followers from around 60 to 108 in the space of a month. This in turn has seen a regular increase in guest activity.

The following aims were set by me in the last set of Routine Orders, and here's how we did with achieving them;

1. To complete the application and appointment process for all positions by 10th January. (ACHIEVED)
    2. For all newly appointed personnel to update their Site Address by the 21st January. (ACHIEVED)
    3. To begin public consultation with regards to the return of retired elements. (ACHIEVED)
    4. To attain a Corps-wide check in of 60%. (ACHIEVED - 74%)
    5. For each element to submit and pass five (5) trades. (NOT ACHIEVED - Navy only submitted and passed 2)
    6. To complete a Corps-wide communications check. (DEFERRED TO FEBRUARY)
    7. To review the complements of both Divisions to ensure they are balanced fairly. (ACHIEVED)
    All in all that is not a bad review of he month! We've just got to carry over the good work and make sure FEBRUARY is just as good.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (February)

For the month of February, I have set the following goals and aims;

1. For all position holders to update their page address at least once.
    2. To achieve a Corps check in of 70%.
    3. For all elements to spass at least five trades and/or qualifications.
    4. For two New Emtries to be promoted to C-2.
    5. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5
    6. To complete a Corps wide communications check.
    7. To gain 115 followers on Twitter.
    8. For each Project Minerva team to have started work on the three ETP courses by the end of the month.

My sincere congratulations are extended to all who were recognised in last nights CO's Parade.

5. SUMMARY

JANUARY is over. Now is the time to settle down into the regular thump of day to day WCC life. There is lots going on, with more to come in due course, including a look at the role the Admin Dept plays in the Corps of today.

Remember to maintain strong comms with each other; I try and send out a weekly address to the Corps, so I'd hope Divisonal Staff are sending emails to their divisions at just a regular interval as me. Remember; COMMUNICATION IS KEY!

Any questions, queries, comments or concerns should be fielded through your chain of command to the undersigned.

By Direction,

J.Sylvester.

COMMANDER (N) J. J. Sylvester,

CoryHickton and DaveElliott like this.
  3. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    1st March 2015

CO-2015-03-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my Routine Orders for March - the final month of our first quarter. This month will see the first quarter draw to a close and our 'settling in' period officially end, so it is imperative we remain upbeat and admire the good work we've achieved so far this year and keep the progress on an upward projection.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (FEBRUARY)

Historically, February can be a difficult month in the Corps. The initial buzz and excitement that is caused by an election and a massive awards ceremony are replaced with the day-to-day rythmic thump of the propellor.

That being said, activity and Corps-wide participation was still positive. Forums activity was averaging around about 40 posts a day, which is great, and from a Training perspective, Trades, Qualifications and OA participation have remained stable and consistent.

Our two main projects for this quarter are well underway, and hopefully those who are out of a formal position will look to these two projects to see if they can get involved in any form. I will not be introducing any more Corps-wide projects now until Apollo and Minerva have both concluded.

The following aims were set by me in the last set of Routine Orders, and here's how we did with achieving them;
    1. For all position holders to update their page address at least once. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    2. To achieve a Corps check in of 70%. (ACHIEVED - 80%)
    3. For all elements to spass at least five trades and/or qualifications. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    4. For two New Emtries to be promoted to C-2. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    5. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5 (NOT ACHIEVED)
    6. To complete a Corps wide communications check. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    7. To gain 115 followers on Twitter. (ACHIEVED)
    8. For each Project Minerva team to have started work on the three ETP courses by the end of the month. (ACHIEVED)
    Whilst on initial review you may think that is a lot of red, the things we didnt achieve last month are all easily achievable this month.

All Position Holders should make an effort to update their site address at least once a month - make sure you have the date at the top so I know it has been updated. Failure to update Site Addresses creates an unprofessional and sloppy appearance when guests view our pages. Any position holders who do not update thier addresses in time for the next set of Routine Orders will be named and shamed publicly.

With regards to promotions, it is the duty of all NCO's and Officers to act as tutors and mentors for our more junior members. The WCC training programme can be daunting to newer members - if you see a New Entry joining up, dont just leave it to the Drill Instructor to contact them and welcome them - contact them as well, introduce yourself, offer them guidance, talk them through their first steps, hold their hand through those first few promotions. It goes back to what I said in yesterdays' parade - take up the initiative. Think outside of the box. You don't need a formal position to be polite and introduce yourself to your new colleagues.

The Corps wide Communications check was a disappointment. Not one division or department managed to report in with 100% response. I've had reports of individuals responding to BBM/Skype and posting on the forums but not replying to emails. Please please please! Check your emails at least once every few days. Email remains the official means of communication within the WCC. Check your junk mail, and make sure your primary WCC email address accurately reflects an email account you can check yourself. Another communications exercise will take place in April, so we've got some time to work on our comms links.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (March)

Having amplified on our stumbling blocks from Feb, it is important we pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off. We know where we need to strengthen ourselves, and its up to all managers to make sure they refer back to these Orders to see what needs to be done this month to make sure March is the best month we've had so far.
    1. For all position holders to update their page address at least once.
    2. To achieve a Corps check in of 75%.
    3. For all elements to spass at least seven trades and/or qualifications.
    4. For one New Entry to be promoted to C-2.
    5. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5.
    6. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8.
    7. To begin the WCC Marksmanship Competition.
    8. To find a suitable candidate to fill the position of Regulations Officer.
    9. To begin the discussions for both Regulation Amendment Proposals for both Project Minerva and Project Apollo.
    10. To confirm a new name for the impending restructure of the Administration Department as part of Project Apollo.

- The position of Regulations Officer is currently vacant. Applications are open to all officers of O-1 grade and above. Contact the AdminO for details.

- Any NCO who is interested in becoming an instructor within the NCOC and grasp the opportunity to mentor and instruct the NCO's of the future should contact the NCOCSI SSgt Hung and the Acting Training Officer WgCdr Elliott. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.

- Cdr Olson hopes to be in a position to return to full working duties this month. Details to follow.

- Congratulations to those who were recognised in yesterdays CO's parade.

5. SUMMARY

I appreciate the run down of our targets from last month may seem a bit harsh, but there is no point sugar coating points that need improvement on. What is worth remembering is the sheer amount we have achieved in only 60 days. These orders are here to provide guidance and governance for the month ahead - they also act as a clear reference point to what we need to improve on. We've got our points of improvement, now its time to work on them.

This month should be exciting, with the Marksmanship competition making a return and Project Minerva edging closer to completion. By the start of the second quarter, hopefully the WCC will be peppered with six different uniforms rather than three. Just remember, you have to earn those uniforms though!

Heads up, shoulders back, lets get back to work and kick March off to a good start. Dont forget to CHECK IN!!!

By Direction,

CO.

JeffMalott likes this.
  4. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    1st April 2015

CO-2015-04-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my Routine Orders for the first month of the second quarter. March was a very good month for us and Q1 ended on a high - it is important to try and reach or better that high standard for this month as we approach the '100 day' mark and enter the 'middle terms' of the year.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (MARCH)

After the lull of February, activity and participation within the Corps took a big positive swing in March. Forums activity was constantly at 50-80 posts a day, trades submissions were on the up, recommendations received for Q1 parade were up, mini feature participation was up, all in all I think we had a great month.

1. For all position holders to update their page address at least once. (ACHIEVED)
    2. To achieve a Corps check in of 75%. (ACHIEVED)
    3. For all elements to spass at least seven trades and/or qualifications. (ACHIEVED)
    4. For one New Entry to be promoted to C-2. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    5. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5. (ACHIEVED)
    6. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8. (ACHIEVED)
    7. To begin the WCC Marksmanship Competition. (ACHIEVED)
    8. To find a suitable candidate to fill the position of Regulations Officer. (ACHIEVED)
    9. To begin the discussions for both Regulation Amendment Proposals for both Project Minerva and Project Apollo. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED)
    10. To confirm a new name for the impending restructure of the Administration Department as part of Project Apollo. (ACHIEVED)
    All in all I'd say thats a lot more green than we had last month! Good work to all. I was especially pleased with our Corps Check In - we managed to attain 90% check in which is all but 4 members (excluding New Entries). The rate of submission for Trades & Quals was exceptional, culminating in a very close race. The navy took the lead for the months of Feb and March, but the Air Force still managed to take the Trades Sword for Q1 - it just goes to show, the more trades you put in earlier on in the year, the more distance you can put between first and second place.

I was much happier to be able to promote a few more individuals this month. I believe this is in some part down to the appointment of CWOC Wolf, WO Malott and PO Moore to the NCOC faculty to help out SSgt Hung in marking NCOC material. Course submissions will now be marked in a timely fashion, and the staff are also working hard to get those courses which were taken offline following last years' restructure reinstated, so keep your eyes peeled for information regarding that.

An area we still seem to be struggling on is Basic Training. We had several New Entries join last month, but none have been promoted to Cadet / Ordinary Seaman. The key to this I believe is contact. If you log into MyWCC and notice a new name on the bottom bar (most recent member:) or if you notice a new name on the Nominal Roll, why not drop them a line and welcome them? Yes, its the job of the Corps Drill Instructor to officially help them through Basic Training, but we're one big online community, there's nothing wrong with you introducing yourself, welcoming them, maybe ask them if its okay to add them on Skype / BBM / Facebook / Twitter, get talking to them. The intial contact from a WCC member actually walking them through Basic Training side by side may help get them up those first ranks. Just remember to keep the DI informed of your contact by CC'ing him in any emails. Recruitment and Retention is the duty of us all - with our increased presence on social media, its important we're ready and willing to 'grab' every new recruit that walks through the door.

Lt Colonel Campbell was appointed to the position of Regulations Officer in March. Regs discussions pertaining to Project Minerva and the revival of retired elements have been completed and the affected regulations will become active once Project Minverva is complete - they're all ready to go. The regulations proposals for Project Apollo are still on the Regulations Officers desk waiting to be brought into the forum for discussion - this will hopefully be squared away in the next week.

Once those regs have been discussed, altered and voted on as necessary, the Admin Department will become the ADMINISTRATION, COMMUNICATIONS & ENTERTAINMENT Department (A.C.E. Dept.) and will see the scope of the Admin Sub Department change slightly, an increase in the existing role of the PR sub department, and the Entertainment Sub Department stand up.

Project Minerva is now nearing is close. Each element is now in the process of reviewing its material, all 'cadet courses' have been complete, and each element will have at least 1 completed Spec course by the target deadline of 17th April, if not more. Material is now being submitted to the Training Officer JasonOlsonJasonOlson for his official review and approval, where it will be sent to the Site Updates sub department to be coded. Coding is time consuming and everybody has real lives to attend to, so I ask that people please be patient during this final stage, and anybody willing to lend a hand should contact Flight Lieutenant Fowkes. All in all, I hope to be able to review the first batch of transfer requests to the CG, Space and Marine elements by the end of this month.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (April)

I think we start April in good shape, and the only thing we can do is continue to work hard and maintain the high standards achieved. As such, I am setting the following aims for APRIL. I have put in brackets the 'lead' member(s) responsible for overseeing the achieval of each specific aim.

1. To achieve a Corps check in of 80%. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    2. For all elements to pass at least ten trades and/or qualifications. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    3. For one New Entry to complete Basic Training. (DRILL INSTRUCTOR)
    4. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    5. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    6. To complete a review into the Element Training sub department. (TRAINING OFFICER)
    7. To begin and conclude the review of Regulations Amendment Proposals pertaining to Project Apollo (REGS OFFICER)
    8. To prepare a new webpage layout for the A.C.E. Department. (ADMIN OFFICER / SITE UPDATES OFFICER).
    9. To complete Project Minerva by meeting the end goal of every element having 3 cadet courses and at least 1 specialisation course active and online on their own specific ETP webpage. (MINERVA TEAM LEADERS / ASMO).
    10. To update WCC Rules & Regulations to include Project Minerva-specific amendments currently on hold. (REGS OFFICER)
    11. To instigate and complete a communications checking exercise. (ALL).

- Welcome back to Cdr Olson who has returned to normal working duties. Thanks to GpCapt Elliott and MWO Ness for helping the Commander out with his duties during his period of leave.

- All notices of leave should be submitted to Divisional Staff in a timely fashion so that the leave matrix can be kept up to date and nobody is thought to be AWOL when they're actually on holiday.

- Trades marking will continue on a twice weekly basis of Wednesday and Sunday following the increase in submissions by switching Thursdays marking session to a Wednesday.

- Several new positions will be created once the A.C.E. Department is commissioned. Keep your eyes peeled for further details.

- I will be back in the realms of normality next week so you can expect to see me on BBM and on the forums a lot more after next week.

- Congratulations to everybody recognised with promotions, medals, awards, commendations and citations in yesterdays End of Q1 parade.

5. SUMMARY

You should all be rightly proud of all that has been achieved so far this year. Look back over the past RO's and see how far we have come. This month is sure to be historic, and I am excited by the prospect of our two ongoing projects drawing to a close.

As always, it is never too late to get involved, whether you want to help out convert MyWCC webpages to the new 7.0 template, or you want to review ETP material, or perhaps you're interested in helping the PRNCO increase our social media coverage - things are always underway in the WCC, and there is always room for you to dig in and help out if you want to, any support is greatly appreciated - just fire your interest up through the chain of command to the relevant authority.

I should remind you that on completion of Project Minerva, priority for transferring uniforms will be given at first to those individuals who have chipped in with writing, reviewing or coding material. I look forward to handing out the new uniforms later this month!

Keep up the good work each and every one of you, we're doing well, and if our activity maintains positive and we retain or increase our current membership, there may be a good reason to look at commissioning a THIRD division in the near future.

I hope Q2 proves to be as fruitful and exciting as the year so far. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts, and thanks for sticking with us!

Don't forget to CHECK IN!

By Direction,

(DIVISIONAL STAFF - can you please email this to your divisions owing to my lack of webmail access)

G.D.Burns and JeffMalott like this.
  5. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    1st May 2015​

CO-2015-05-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the Routine Orders for May - the mid point of our second Quarter. In these orders, I hope to highlight the successes and stalling points that we achieved collectively throughout April, and provide guidance for a 'way forward' now we have completed one huge project. Where to next?!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (APRIL)

Activity remained constantly positive throughout all of April. A surge was experienced from mid-to-late April as Project Minerva came to a close, with impressive activity levels noted across all elements in the immediate aftermath of the launch of the new elements.

The following aims were set by me in the last set of Routine Orders, and here's how we did with achieving them

1. To achieve a Corps check in of 80%. (ACHIEVED - 93% overall)
    2. For all elements to pass at least ten trades and/or qualifications. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: Army 9 / AF 19 / Navy 13)
    3. For one New Entry to complete Basic Training. (ACHIEVED - HansChestershireHansChestershire)
    4. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    5. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    6. To complete a review into the Element Training sub department. (ON-GOING)
    7. To begin and conclude the review of Regulations Amendment Proposals pertaining to Project Apollo (ACHIEVED)
    8. To prepare a new webpage layout for the A.C.E. Department. (ON-GOING).
    9. To complete Project Minerva by meeting the end goal of every element having 3 cadet courses and at least 1 specialisation course active and online on their own specific ETP webpage. (ACHIEVED).
    10. To update WCC Rules & Regulations to include Project Minerva-specific amendments currently on hold. (ACHIEVED)
    11. To instigate and complete a communications checking exercise. (NOT ACHIEVED).

Despite a handful of red 'not achieved' grades, I still think we did very well last month. Our check in percentage is improving month on month, but several members only checked in on the last few days of the month - the earlier, the better.

Senior Officers and NCO's should make a keen effort to try and rally their element colleagues in order to try and intensify the Trades race - I am still marking Trades twice weekly on Sundays and Wednesdays, so there is plenty of scope to smash previous targets. Especially with three new contenders in the race, every pass counts, so take up the initiative and drum up the support of your fellow soldiers, airmen and women, sailors, guardians, marines and space cadets.

It was great to see a New Entry pass out from Basic Training, however we still have a small contingency of New Entries stuck in Basic Training. An investigation into how we can make the transition from initially joining, through Basic Training to delivery at Division level should be carried out this month, and I believe the Drill Instructor and Training Staff would be best off liaising with our newest member, Cadet Chestershire, to seek his input on our current process and how we can make it better and more effective.

Communication links are still concerning. A communications exercise was instigated at the beginning of April, slightly different from the one carried out in January, this one placed more onus on other staff members to carry out their own checks, and less 'micro-management' from my perspective. We successfully achieved part of the communications check by executing the Campfire Meeting (another of which will take place in a week or so - details to come), however the other part of the communications check proved unresponsive - out of all Divisions and Departments, only Acting Captain Setera got back to me with details of the Administration Department communications check.

This is something that needs looking at urgently - as an online organisation, communications need to be clear and concise. My advice to everybody would be to acknowledge receipt of emails - even if an email doesn't necessarily warrant a reply or input from you, somebody has taken the time and effort to type an email or send you a message, its only polite to reply and acknowledge you've got it. It is a common occurrence within Divisional positions that staff get demoralised owing to a lack of response, so please take a minute to reply to them. If you're not keen on emailling, maybe get in touch with them on the forums, by Skype, BBM, Facebook or any other means to keep in contact. I'm always open to advice, so any ideas to improve communications should be filtered up through your chain of command.

Promotability is a keen interest of mine. It should be the responsibility of every individual to know exactly what is expected of them in order to become eligible for promotion, however it is also the responsibility of Section Leaders, Divisional staff and other supportive Senior NCO's and Officers to provide career advice, guidance, and moral support to try and encourage the absolute best out of everybody. I am incredibly keen on promoting anybody who is eligible and deserving, but I need to receive the 'nod' from Divisional Staff before doing so. If you think you're eligible for promotion but want to know why you haven't been selected, I strongly suggest you take it upon yourself to have a chat with your Divisional Staff to see what needs to be done. Let me promote you!!

All in all though, a great month. Just for completing Project Minerva, I think we did very well!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (May)

As we are approaching the half way point for 2015, and our performances have been consistently positive, I think we can start stepping things up ever so slightly this month. I have put in brackets the 'lead' member(s) responsible for overseeing the achieval of each specific aim.

1. To achieve a Corps check in of 85%. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    2. For all elements to pass at least ten trades and/or qualifications. (DIVISIONAL STAFF supported by Element SNCO's & Officers)
    3. For review the Basic Training route. (DRILL INSTRUCTOR / TRAINING OFFICER)
    4. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5. (DIVISIONAL STAFF / ALL)
    5. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8. (DIVISIONAL STAFF / ALL)
    6. To complete the ongoing review into the Element Training sub department. (TRAINING OFFICER)
    7. To launch a new webpage layout for the A.C.E. Department. (ADMIN OFFICER / SITE UPDATES OFFICER).
    8. To advertise, interview for and fill all positions pertinent to the transition from Administration Department to A.C.E. Department. (Desig. ACE Officer / Administration Officer).
    9. To commission the new Administration, Communications & Entertainment Department and decommission the current Administration Department, concluding Project Apollo. (COMMANDING OFFICER)
    10. To appoint a new Divisional Officer for Special Service Force Division. (EXECUTIVE OFFICER)
    11. To explore the pro's and con's of commissioning a third Division, gauging the probability of being able to staff the positions of Divisional Officer, Divisional SNCO and 2x Section Leaders. (EXECUTIVE OFFICER / DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    12. To update WCC Rules & Regulations to include Project Apollo-specific amendments currently on hold. (REGS OFFICER)

- Farewell to Commander (N) Jason Olson who has entered retirement owing to an incredibly challenging work schedule in real life.

- All notices of leave should be submitted to Divisional Staff in a timely fashion so that the leave matrix can be kept up to date and nobody is thought to be AWOL when they're actually on holiday.

- The position of SSF Divisional Officer remains open for applications. Contact the XO (Commodore Bourgeois) for more details.

- Several positions in support of the forthcoming commissioning of the Administration, Communications & Entertainment Department will be open for applications shortly. Contact the Admin Officer (Captain Setera) for more details.

- All Divisional Staff are engaged in the discussion revolving around the possibility of a third division. In order for me to effectively gauge interest levels, anybody who would be interested in being considered to fill the position of Divisional Officer, Divisional SNCO and/or Section Leader for a theoretical third division should register said interest with their chain of command for it to filter up.

- Congratulations to everybody recognised with medals, awards and the two new Cross holders in todays End of Month parade.

5. SUMMARY

The WCC is still on its positive upward climb. I must thank each and every one of you for your dedication and patience so far throughout this year. I know at times things have been difficult or you've had to wait for things, but you have all stuck with us and without you, there is no WCC. I hope we can continue to push forward and continue to improve and build ourselves up.

I feel the three new elements have added an exciting new dimension to the Corps, not only with new training but fresh new (old) coloured uniforms around the place, I hope that those of you wearing new uniforms will enjoy resurrecting old traditions and finding out about your new element history, and I hope that those of you who have remained loyal to one of the three original elements (Army, Navy and Air Force) will feel rejuvenated, refreshed and recharged by the challenges and excitement brought on by the Marines, Space and Coast Guard.

Thanks for your continued support, lets make May even better than April!

By Direction,

G.D.Burns and CoryHickton like this.
  6. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    1st JUNE 2015​

CO-2015-06-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the Routine Orders for June. Today is the first day of Summer here in the UK, and today is the start of the last month of our 2nd Quarter and we're approaching the mid-point of the year at a rate of knots.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (MAY)

After the initial excitement of the conclusion of Project Minerva, activity died down a little at the beginning-to-middle of May, but returned to a positively regular level of activity towards the end of the month.

The following aims were set by me in the last set of Routine Orders, and here's how we did with achieving them:

1. To achieve a Corps check in of 85%. (ACHIEVED - 91%)
    2. For all elements to pass at least ten trades and/or qualifications. (NOT ACHIEVED: AF (21) / A (8) / CG (0) / M (0) / N (2) / S (4))
    3. To review the Basic Training route. (ON GOING)
    4. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    5. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    6. To complete the ongoing review into the Element Training sub department. (ON GOING)
    7. To launch a new webpage layout for the A.C.E. Department. (ADMIN OFFICER / SITE UPDATES OFFICER).
    8. To advertise, interview for and fill all positions pertinent to the transition from Administration Department to A.C.E. Department. (Desig. ACE Officer / Administration Officer).
    9. To commission the new Administration, Communications & Entertainment Department and decommission the current Administration Department, concluding Project Apollo. (COMMANDING OFFICER)
    10. To appoint a new Divisional Officer for Special Service Force Division. (EXECUTIVE OFFICER)
    11. To explore the pro's and con's of commissioning a third Division, gauging the probability of being able to staff the positions of Divisional Officer, Divisional SNCO and 2x Section Leaders. (EXECUTIVE OFFICER / DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    12. To update WCC Rules & Regulations to include Project Apollo-specific amendments currently on hold. (REGS OFFICER)
    I appreciate there is quite a lot of Orange and Red there. On reflection, several of the aims I set last month were likely to be
    unachievable, such as each element passing 10 Trades & Qualifications - this would have been achievable before the completion of Minerva, but following several transfers and the current low membership of our newer elements, it would have been difficult for certain aims to have been accomplished.

There are also several aims (such as those relating to the A.C.E. Department) which will take slightly longer than one month to complete, but they are still underway.

Colour-coding aside, I think May was a successful, albeit quiet, month. Activity remains positive, progress is being made, and we hosted a constructive monthly campfire. I can see no major concerns on reflection, other than me setting more achievable aims for this month.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (JUNE)

For the month of June, I would like us to achieve the following:
    1. To achieve a Corps check in of 90%. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    2. For all elements to pass at least five trades and/or qualifications. (DIVISIONAL STAFF supported by Element SNCO's & Officers)
    3. For one New Entry to complete Basic Training. (DRILL INSTRUCTOR)
    4. For one C-2 to be promoted to C-3 (DIVISIONAL STAFF / ALL)
    5. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5 (DIVISIONAL STAFF / ALL)
    6. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8 (DIVISIONAL STAFF / ALL)
    7. To complete the reorganisation of both Divisions to allow for the creation of a third Section within each. (DIVISIONAL STAFF / EXECUTIVE OFFICER)
    8. To complete the ongoing review into the Element Training sub department. (TRAINING OFFICER)
    10. To appoint a new Regulations Officer (COMMANDING OFFICER)

- Farewell to Lieutenant Colonel (A) Doug Campbell who has retired due to real life commitments.

- All notices of leave should continue to be submitted to Divisional Staff in a timely fashion so that the leave matrix can be kept up to date and nobody is thought to be AWOL when they're actually on holiday.

- Members wishing to transfer elements should submit a written request by email to their Divisional staff for approval and onward transmission up the chain of command.

- Congratulations to everybody recognised with medals, awards and promotions at yesterdays End of Month Parade.

5. SUMMARY

After an incredibly busy April and an exciting May, Quarter 2 is proving to be even better than Q1. We are getting things done, meeting and exceeding expectations, and we continue to grow and flourish. There are a lot of unfinished projects and tasks in hand, and I would request that we all continue to pull together as a team to get things done.

I always said that 2015 would be the year of hard work and rebuilding, and this is so far proving to be true. I anticipate further efforts to introduce more 'fun' aspects into the Corps as we continue to prepare the WCC for a push into the unknown - we are all agreed that prior to us focussing efforts and resources towards large recruitment drives, it is imperative we are comfortable in our own skin. This will involve the launch of MyWCC 7 to give us a new fresh look, it will involve tying up all loose ends, and getting our resources ready to go out into the big world wide web and once again spreading the good word of our fantastic community.

Lets continue to pool our own resources, help each other out, and lets make sure by the end of the year we're ready for anything and in the best shape we've been in for a long time.

As always, I thank each and every one of you for your continued dedication, support, loyalty and patience.

Divisional Staff - as I am at sea, I would be eternally obliged if you could push these orders out to your divisions be e-mail please.
    By Direction,

7. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS

1st JULY 2015​

CO-2015-07-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to July's Routine Orders - the first day of the third quarter and the second half of what is turning out to be a fantastic year for the WCC.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (JUNE)

The performance for June was very satisfactory, with activity and participation remaining at a pleasing level across the board.

The following aims were set by me in the last set of Routine Orders, and here's how we did with achieving them:

1. To achieve a Corps check in of 90%. (NOT ACHIEVED - 88%)
    2. For all elements to pass at least five trades and/or qualifications. (NOT ACHIEVED: AF - 10 / A - 3 / CG - 3 / M - 2 / N - 2 / S - 5)
    3. For one New Entry to complete Basic Training. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    4. For one C-2 to be promoted to C-3 (ACHIEVED - Chay PEARSON)
    5. For one C-4 to be promoted to C-5 (NOT ACHIEVED)
    6. For one C-7 to be promoted to C-8 (NOT ACHIEVED)
    7. To complete the reorganisation of both Divisions to allow for the creation of a third Section within each. (ACHIEVED)
    8. To complete the ongoing review into the Element Training sub department. (ACHIEVED)
    9. To commission the new Administration, Communications & Entertainment Department and decommission the current Administration Department, concluding Project Apollo. (ACHIEVED)
    10. To appoint a new Regulations Officer (ACHIEVED)

3. TARGETS & GOALS (JULY)

For the month of JULY, I would like us to achieve the following:
    1. To achieve a Corps check in of 85%. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    2. For all elements to pass at least four trades and/or qualifications. (DIVISIONAL STAFF supported by Element SNCO's & Officers)
    3. To review the Basic Training route in full. (TRAINING OFFICER / DRILL INSTRUCTOR)
    4. To integrate the A.C.E. Department into the WCC. (A.C.E. OFFICER)
    5. To achieve a response of at least 75% of the Corps to the Recruitment Officers' Survey (RECRUITMENT OFFICER / ALL)

- ACE: A big welcome to our newest addition to the Corps; the ACE Department. Good luck to all who've been appointed to the Department.

- LEAVE: With Summer approaching fast, members are reminded to request leave through their chain of command in a timely fashion.

- TRANSFERS: ersonnel are reminded that if they wish to transfer between elements, a written email application should be sent to their Divisional Staff for consideration and NOT the MyWCC form.

- COMMUNICATION: Personnel are advised that the best practise when communicating via email is to include the next most senior individual in your chain of command in your emails. That way, if the person you are contacting is not available, on leave or otherwise indesposed, the next most senior person can help with your issues.

- GUNNERY: The First Marksmanship Competition of 2015 is still underway - any interested parties should contact the CSNCO or refer to the appropriate forums thread for more information.

5. SUMMARY

On several of the 'red' instances above, we were very close to the target (checking in - 1 more person would have done it!). Although it is important to set monthly aims, just because a C4 didnt make it to C5 doesnt mean we're not doing well - what isn't written within our aims is our longer terms accomplishments and acheivements.

Already half way into 2015 and we have concluded two major Projects (Minerva and Apollo) which have affected the entire Corps and have both used the combined efforts, resources and skills of a multitude of individuals. We've also got the Training Tiger Team working in the back ground with their clipboards taking a thorough stock check of all the different course material we offer across the board - in the coming weeks and months, they will make their recommendations to the Training Officer and the heads of the OA and NCOC to recommend how we can further improve our training.

What I am pleased to see, although it isnt written above in red or green, is that month after month after month we are achieving the standing silent aims of TEAMWORK, RESOURCEFULNESS, PATIENCE and LOYALTY. Our Divisions are growing, and we're now at a vantage point where we can look into how we can improve our current practises.

Keep up the good work, TEAM!! I hope you all have a brilliant Summer.

By Direction,

CoryHickton, JeffMalott and G.D.Burns like this.
  8. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    AUGUST 2015
    [​IMG]

CO-2015-08-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to August's Routine Orders. These orders provide a great opportunity to assess our performance over the last month, and set reasonable and achievable aims and goals based on the current activity level of the Corps. Traditionally, the months of July and August are below normal activity levels owing to the Summer period; members going on holidays, camps and generally enjoying the weather. These Routine Orders will reflect the anticipated 'lull' in activity.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (JULY)

1. To achieve a Corps check in of 85%. (ACHIEVED - 87%)
    2. For all elements to pass at least four trades and/or qualifications. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED - AF [5], Army [4], CG [5], Marines [12], Navy [1], Space [5])
    3. To review the Basic Training route in full. (ONGOING - TRIAL PROCESS)
    4. To integrate the A.C.E. Department into the WCC. (COMPLETE)
    5. To achieve a response of at least 75% of the Corps to the Recruitment Officers' Survey (NOT ACHIEVED - 43% response rate)

Our Check In rate was better but there are still a few individuals who are failing to check in to MyWCC on a monthly basis and risk becoming a casualty of Operation Cleansweep and being retired.

The Trades & Qualifications race was interesting throughout July, and the surge of the Marines was commendable and should be an inspiration to the other elements. I will continue to emphasise the importance of 'element' colleagues spurring each other on with internal element communications and activities - it's important to keep the 'element' ties strong ready for when we all return to single unit structures.

The Basic Training review has staggered to a halt due to the Corps Drill Instructor embarking on Emergency Leave. The Training Officer remains at the forefront of Basic Training until the Technical Sergeant's return.

I feel the A.C.E. Department is fitting well into the Corps structure, with the Entertainment NCO jumping straight into the mix while the Administration NCO continues to assume duties previously held by the legacy Admin Officer.

On the note of A.C.E., the Recruitment Officer has concluded his research and posted his findings. If you have not already checked them out, you should visit the Recruitment Hub. We missed out target of a 75% turnout to the survey, which is a shame as EVERYBODY's voice and opinion is important.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (AUGUST)

For the month of AUGUST, I would like us to achieve the following:
    1. To achieve a Corps check in of 88%. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    2. For all elements to pass four more Trades & Qualifications than they did throughout July. (DIVISIONAL STAFF / ELEMENT NCO's / Officers)
    3. To begin the annual review of WCC Rules & Regulations. (REGULATIONS OFFICER)
    4. For Divisional Staff to conduct an OPERATION CLEANSWEEP in order to identify members who have failed to check in for three consecutive months and begin the early warning process. (DIVISIONAL STAFF)
    5. To release a mid-mission report from the Training Tiger Review Team. (TRAINING OFFICER)

- TRANSFERS: Despite multiple reminders, transfers are still being requested through MyWCC. Presently, I have been informing the applicant's Divisional Officer so that the applicant can be rebriefed and the transfer dealt with accordingly, however from today, any transfer requests will be ignored. You MUST submit transfer requests by EMAIL to your Divisional SNCO (if you are an NCO) or Divisional Officer if you are an Officer - it will then move up the Chain of Command for further approval.

- LEAVE: As it is the Summer, personnel are reminded to contact their Divisional Staff if they intend on going on leave. Personnel holding positions should contact their superiors in order to make appropriate cover arrangements during your leave. Department Heads and Divisional Officers are reminded of the importance of keeping the 'PERSONNEL LEAVE TRACKER' up to date within the Operations & Logistics forum.

- AUGUST FEATURE: If you haven't already, I strongly encourage you all check out Sergeant Collins' August Feature. CLICK HERE for more.

- EMAILS: There have been instances of me sending emails that have not been received by recipients. I would like to request that anybody who I send an email to whereby they are listed as the 'action' authority (i.e. listed as 'TO:') could acknowledge receipt of said email with a one line reply. Failure to do so will result in my resending of the email and worrying that nobody listens to me.

5. SUMMARY

All in all, a regular WCC July. August is a good month to begin ramping up towards the end of year activities, such as the Commanding Officers Election (which will begin in September), WCC Day (21st October - mark it in your calendar) and of course, the end of Year awards.

Everybody has a role to play in this Web Cadet Corps - if you don't know what your role is, you should find out! There is something for everybody.

Lets keep rolling forwards, guys - the year isn't over with yet and there's still a lot I'd like to accomplish before somebody steals my seat!

By Direction,

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  9. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    SEPTEMBER 2015

CO-2015-09-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

Welcome to September! The Summer is now officially over, and we only have one month left in this third quarter before we dive head first into the final stretch of 2015 - and I can tell it's going to be a busy, exciting home run! Lets have a quick look at what we did and did not manage to achieve last month, but lets not dwell too much - after all, who wants to be stuck indoors during the Summer?

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (AUGUST)

I set the following aims in August's Routine Orders - let's have a quick look at how we did:
    1. To achieve a Corps check in of 88%. (NOT ACHIEVED - 77% - 35 out of 45 members checked in)
    2. For all elements to pass four more Trades & Qualifications than they did throughout July. (NOT ACHIEVED - AF: 5 / 3 - ARMY: 4 / 7 - CG: 5 / 0 - MARINES: 12 / 1 - NAVY: 1 / 5 - SPACE: 5 / 5)
    3. To begin the annual review of WCC Rules & Regulations. (NOT ACHIEVED - ABSENCE OF REGS OFFICER)
    4. For Divisional Staff to conduct an OPERATION CLEANSWEEP in order to identify members who have failed to check in for three consecutive months and begin the early warning process. (ON GOING)
    5. To release a mid-mission report from the Training Tiger Review Team. (ACHIEVED)

Although there's a bit of red there, I'm fairly happy with how we performed in August. My aims were a bit optimistic for a traditionally quiet summer month with several members on leaves of absences and the like.

I am very happy with the level of forums activity, I'm regularly seeing 20 - 30 new posts a day, so that's really positive.

A big BZ to the Navy for achieving aim two and increasing their trades submission rate - and my thanks go out to the Training Tiger Team (all three of you!) for your progress report - it has provided a crystal clear insight into your ongoing hard work. If you want to lend a hand to the TTT, give the Training Officer a shout! The more the merrier!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (SEPTEMBER)

August is now OVER - so its time to put down the buckets and spades and its time to get stuck back into the WCC - I've got four more months left in this term and there's stuff to be done before I can hand over the reigns, so lets try and club together to achieve the following please:

1. For us all to achieve a Corps check in of 75%. (ALL)
    2. For all elements to pass FOUR (4) Trades/Quals. (ALL)
    3. For WCC Rules & Regulations to be updated with the belated amendments relating to A.C.E. and E.T.P from June. (REGS O)
    4. For the annual review and reissue of WCC Rules & Regulations to begin. (REGS O / ALL OFFICERS)
    5. For Divisional Staff to conclude Operation Cleansweep by the end of the month. (XO / DIV STAFF)
    6. For the A.C.E. Department to advertise, interview and appoint an Elections Officer in accordance with the Elections Timeframe. (A.C.E. O)
    7. For the Training Department to advertise, interview and appoint an Element Training Officer (or NCO) in accordance with the forthcoming ETP Regulations. (TRG O)
    8. For the Trades Officer to update ALL Trade & Qualification questions to reflect the new Multi-Choice questions (albeit without multi choice answers) in order to provide up-to-date and relevant questions. (TRADES O)
    9. For the Executive Officer to conduct a Divisional Communications Exercise as part of the Operational Readiness Assessment. (XO)

- CONGRATULATIONS: To all those recognised in August's End of Month Parade.

- SEPTEMBER PARADE: There will be no End of Month Parade this month owing to the close proximity to WCC Day (21st Oct). Recommendations should be sent on a regular rolling basis - promotions and medals will be considered and actioned on a rolling basis.

- TRANSFERS & LEAVE: Personnel are reminded to submit any and all Element Transfer Requests and Leave of Absence Requests via email through your chain of command please.

- ELECTIONS: The Elections Season begins on 14th September when the position of Elections Officer becomes available for applications, with said position being filled on 25th September. Officers of the rank grade O-3 (Lieutenant (N), Lieutenant (CG), Flight Lieutenant (AF), Captain (A), Captain (M) and Second Officer (S)) are eligible to run in the election. Members may nominate an officer to run, and members may also suggest hard hitting questions to aid the debate - so it really is a whole Corps affair. I'd recommend you all check out Chapter 4 of Regs for more details, and start thinking who you may want to lead you through 2016 and beyond!

- FEATURES BUCKET: Have you got a Feature, Game or Cool Idea? Throw it in the bucket!

5. SUMMARY

There's quite a lot of stuff to digest there, quite a lot of stuff to push for and work towards, and I've got a feeling this month is going to be busy busy busy!!

I need each and every one of you to chip in, to find that niche that you can fit into, that job that you can accomplish, I want fresh ideas, fresh attitudes, fresh opportunities to promote people, lets make 2015 FANTASTIC!

And don't forget..............................CHECK IN!

By Direction,

MatthewFleming and CoryHickton like this.
  10. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    October 2015

CO-2015-10-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

The transition is well underway. The third quarter is now OVER and we are into our final 'chunk' of 2015. The Elections Season is upon us, WCC Day is just around the corner, and the winds of change are growing stronger. This period is historically renowned for us losing sight of our aims as we get caught up in the excitement and prospect of a new leader, so I implore you all to remain as professional, reliable and fantastic as you've been so far this year and help me see 2015 out to the very end with style.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (SEPTEMBER)

The following aims and targets were set by me in September's Routine Orders, and here's how we did:

1. For us all to achieve a Corps check in of 75%. (ACHIEVED - 79%)
    2. For all elements to pass FOUR (4) Trades/Quals. (ACHIEVED - Air Force: 8 / Army: 10 / Coast Guard: 6 / Marines: 6 / Navy: 5 / Space: 15)
    3. For WCC Rules & Regulations to be updated with the belated amendments relating to A.C.E. and E.T.P from June. (ACHIEVED)
    4. For the annual review and reissue of WCC Rules & Regulations to begin. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    5. For Divisional Staff to conclude Operation Cleansweep by the end of the month. (ACHIEVED)
    6. For the A.C.E. Department to advertise, interview and appoint an Elections Officer in accordance with the Elections Timeframe. (ACHIEVED)
    7. For the Training Department to advertise, interview and appoint an Element Training Officer (or NCO) in accordance with the forthcoming ETP Regulations. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    8. For the Trades Officer to update ALL Trade & Qualification questions to reflect the new Multi-Choice questions (albeit without multi choice answers) in order to provide up-to-date and relevant questions. (ON GOING)
    9. For the Executive Officer to conduct a Divisional Communications Exercise as part of the Operational Readiness Assessment. (POSTPONED)

After a sluggish summer, I feel like we threw another log onto the fire in September and we got stuff done. Activity was high, forums were busy, and despite a few changes in staff (the positions of Administration Officer and Regulations Officer were vacated and subsequently filled), we still managed to have a really good month.

The review of Regulations was delayed slightly due to the change in Regulations Officer, but I have it on good authority that GrahamPilkingtonGrahamPilkington will be getting the ball rolling on that one shortly.

I was incredibly pleased with Septembers' trades performance - there was one session in early September where the submissions in my queue reached double figures, which was really exciting to see and is something I hope to see again before the years out. With three months left this month, the Air Force are going to have to work hard to retain their lead - it still is anybody's game.

The updating of Trades & Qualifications is still ongoing - I hope you appreciate that there are a lot of trades and a lot of levels, and where some trades may look totally different, others may just have their wording changed. Seamanship is back on the cards, and we've got the new Vexillology trade ready to go too.

A big thank you from me for your efforts last month, well done. Lets do it again!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (OCTOBER)

The final quarter is upon us. October is going to be a busy month with lots to be done!

1. For us all to achieve a Corps check in of 80%.
    2. For all elements to pass SIX (6) Trades/Quals.
    3. For the annual review and reissue of WCC Rules & Regulations to begin.
    4. For the XO to conduct the annual Operational Readiness Assessment in time for WCC Day.
    5. For the Training Department to advertise, interview and appoint an Element Training Officer (or NCO) in accordance with the forthcoming ETP Regulations.
    6. For a Commanding Officers' Campfire meeting to be held prior to WCC Day.
    7. For the Trades Officer to update ALL Trade & Qualification questions to reflect the new Multi-Choice questions (albeit without multi choice answers) in order to provide up-to-date and relevant questions. (ON GOING)
    8. For the Entertainment NCO to successfully reintroduce the tradition of 'The Frammies'.
    9. To hold a successful WCC Day Parade on 21st October.

- OCTOBER PARADE: Owing to WCC Day (21st October), there will be no End of Month Parade this month either. The next End of Month Parade will be held in November.

- TRANSFERS & LEAVE: Personnel are reminded to submit any and all Element Transfer Requests and Leave of Absence Requests via email through your chain of command please. Six months must elapse between transfers when applying for an element transfer.

- ELECTIONS: Congratulations to COMMODORE BOURGEOIS on being appointed to run this years Commanding Officers Election. As he has already announced, he is accepting nominations from all members as to who you would like to run as a Candidate. All Officers holding the rank grade of O-3 (Lieutenant (N) and above) are eligible to run for the position of Commanding Officer, so if you've got somebody in mind, send a nomination to the Elections Officer. Remember - the person you want to lead us next year might not be considering running unless you nominate them!! Think of some great questions too!!

- THE GAZETTE: A community-created version of The Gazette will be issued later this month. If you're interested in getting involved, writing an article, holding an interview or submitting a joke, get in touch with either the Communications NCO (STSgt Hickton) or the Entertainment NCO (GySgt Collins) for more details.

- BACK TO SEA: As a side note, it is worth mentioning that my voyage leave is slowly trickling away. Therefore, it is very likely I will be returning to sea at the end of this month or the beginning of the next. Details to follow. Fear not though, we managed alright when I was off the coast of West Africa continuously for two months at the beginning of the year so I have very faith we'll still be fine at the end of the year! As soon as I hear more, I'll let you all know.

5. SUMMARY

So there we go folks - a really positive September has placed us in a very strong foothold for the end of the year. There are many, many shiny things on the horizon, and now is as good a time as ever to dive right into the Corps and see how you can help out. There is so much stuff going on behind doors that are slightly ajar, so whether your interests and allegiances lie within training, admin, maintenance, fun or ops, there's sure to be something that you can be a part of.

Thank you once again for your continued efforts, support and patience.

Don't forget to CHECK IN!!

By Direction,

11. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    November 2015

CO-2015-11-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

Welcome to November. The sands of time are shifting quickly, and 2015 is drawing to a close. This month will see the winds of change begin to blow as the election season gets well underway. Who will lead us through the next year? Your questions could be the deciding factors!

Following a successful October and a positive WCC Day, I hope we can continue taking strong steps to end this year with a massive crescendo of fun, excitement, medals, promotions and glory!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (OCTOBER)

Below is an assessment of our achievements based on the aims I set in Octobers' Routine Orders:

1. For us all to achieve a Corps check in of 80%. (ACHIEVED - 91% - 40 persons out of 44)
    2. For all elements to pass SIX (6) Trades/Quals. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AIR FORCE - 12 / ARMY - 6 / COAST GUARD - 4 / MARINES - 9 / NAVY - 3 / SPACE - 5)
    3. For the annual review and reissue of WCC Rules & Regulations to begin. (ACHIEVED)
    4. For the XO to conduct the annual Operational Readiness Assessment in time for WCC Day. (ACHIEVED)
    5. For the Training Department to advertise, interview and appoint an Element Training Officer (or NCO) in accordance with the forthcoming ETP Regulations. (ACHIEVED)
    6. For a Commanding Officers' Campfire meeting to be held prior to WCC Day. (ACHIEVED)
    7. For the Trades Officer to update ALL Trade & Qualification questions to reflect the new Multi-Choice questions (albeit without multi choice answers) in order to provide up-to-date and relevant questions. (ON GOING)
    8. For the Entertainment NCO to successfully reintroduce the tradition of 'The Frammies'. (ACHIEVED)
    9. To hold a successful WCC Day Parade on 21st October. (ACHIEVED)

That's a lot of green. A true representation of what I think was a really great month for the Corps.

WCC Day went off with a bang, we've got a newly appointed individual who's giving the Element Training Programme a bit of tender loving care, and the Regulations Officer has slammed the doors to the Regs Review wide open.

I was really, REALLY impressed with our check in rate of 91%. Absolutely fantastic work and you should all be proud. Now we've proven that we can get the majority of our members to visit at least once a month, we've got to work on engaging everybody in some way or another!

From where I'm sitting, I see no major concerns at all, and if we continue like this, then we will hit the ground running in 2016 and be well on the way to increasing numbers, improving infrastructure and overall brilliance.

Well done one and all.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (NOVEMBER)

After such a positive month, the ability to keep performance high can sometimes be difficult. Lets see how we crack on this month with the following aims:

1. For us all to achieve a Corps Check In rate of 85%.
    2. For each element to pass five (5) Trades/Quals.
    3. For each element to pass four (4) Element Training courses (from any plan).
    4. For each division to have two (2) different members pass one (1) NCOC course.
    5. For each division to have two (2) different members pass one (1) OA certificate.
    6. For the Element Training Officer to 'lock in' and confirm all lesson subjects for the Phase 2 projects.
    7. For the Trades Officer to update ALL Trade & Qualification questions to reflect the new Multi-Choice questions (albeit without multi choice answers) in order to provide up-to-date and relevant questions.
    8. For the Trades Officer to bring the AIR OBSERVER qualification back online.
    9. For the Regulations Review to move to the proposal phase.

- NOVEMBER PARADE: This month will see the return of the monthly parade - date to be confirmed.

- TRANSFERS & LEAVE: Personnel are reminded to submit any and all Element Transfer Requests and Leave of Absence Requests via email through your chain of command please. Six months must elapse between transfers when applying for an element transfer.

- ELECTIONS: A few days still remain to nominate officers (or accept/decline nominations) for this years election. The Elections Officer is still accepting questions for the debates too - send any questions to elections(at)webcadets(dot)com.

- BACK TO SEA: I will return to sea on 14th November. This trip will be in home waters so my access should be fairly regular and if anything my activity and ability to do things will hopefully increase. Please bare with me on and around the 14th as I pack my stuff up and travel to my floating home.

5. SUMMARY

An absolutely fantastic month which continues to remind me why I love my position and why I love this place and its members. The team really has worked well this month, and I hope this is something that continues.

Without you all, this place would be nothing. I'm having the most fun I've had in the WCC for a long time, and I really hope this is a reciprocal feeling. You should all be proud of what we've achieved so far this year, and I hope you've all got the drive and motivation to get us right up to New Years Eve!

As always, many thanks for your combined efforts, support and patience!

Don't forget to CHECK IN!!!

12. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    December 2015

CO-2015-12-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

It's been a long time....now, here we are! This is it, ladies and gentlemen - the final month of 2015. I hope that we can conclude this year with the sheer amount of gusto, enthusiasm and activity as we started it.

We've had a fantastic run of a year, and it's important that we maintain that drive and motivation to continue moving forward. Regardless of who gets to post January's Routine Orders, it's important that you all keep working hard, you all keep encouraging each other on, and we all work together as a team to build on the foundations we've laid together throughout this year.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (NOVEMBER)

I set out several aims in November's Routine Orders - let's take a quick look at how we got on:

1. For us all to achieve a Corps Check In rate of 85%. (ACHIEVED: 91%)
    2. For each element to pass five (5) Trades/Quals. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AF - 8 | ARMY - 0 | CG - 4 | MARINES - 9 | NAVY - 5 | SPACE - 6)
    3. For each element to pass four (4) Element Training courses (from any plan). (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AF - 12 | ARMY - 1 | CG - 0 | MARINES - 6 | NAVY - 5 | SPACE - 1)
    4. For each division to have two (2) different members pass one (1) NCOC course. (NOT ACHIEVED: FORTRESS - 1 | SSF - 0 )
    5. For each division to have two (2) different members pass one (1) OA certificate. (NOT ACHIEVED: FORTRESS - 0 | SSF - 1)
    6. For the Element Training Officer to 'lock in' and confirm all lesson subjects for the Phase 2 projects. (ON GOING)
    8. For the Trades Officer to bring the AIR OBSERVER qualification back online. (ACHIEVED)
    9. For the Regulations Review to move to the proposal phase. (ON GOING)
    November really was a month of two halves - relatively quiet following the excitement and achievements of October and the WCC Day Parade, the past week or so has really seen a hive of activity surround the Corps.

With that in mind, and the fact I set some slightly more challenging aims in October, I'm quite impressed with how we've managed to perform as a team. There's still room for improvement and a greater show of team work in the training and divisional environments, encouraging each other on etc, but there's nothing of major concern there. We've also got several projects which still remain 'on-going'.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (DECEMBER)

For December, I'd like us to try and work together to achieve the following aims please:

1. To achieve a Corps check in rate of 88%.
    2. To achieve a response from at least 50% of the Corps for the End of Year Survey.
    3. For each element to equal or increase the number of Trade and Qualification passes secured in November.
    4. For each division to pass at least one Officers Academy certificate.
    5. For each division to pass at least one NCO College course.
    6. For at least 50% of the Corps to submit a nomination for the Gold or Bronze award as applicable.
    7. For the Elections Officer to conclude the debate phase and open the polls in the CO's Election.
    8. For the Regulations Officer to conclude the 2015 Annual Regulations Review by 1st January.

- DECEMBER PARADE: The end of month parade for December will take the form of our New Years Honours parade, held on 1st January 2016.

- ELECTIONS: The debate phase remains open until around about 12th December - if you've got any burning questions, please send them to the Elections Officer (RAdm Bourgeois).

- WELCOME BACK: To Pilot Officer Watson and Junior Corporal Richardson.

- RECOMMENDATIONS: I sadly only received one set of recommendations for November's end of month parade. In your own interest, I implore you all to take a few minutes this month to assess and observe the activity and contribution of your colleagues and comrades - if you notice them doing some outstanding work, please pass it up the chain for consideration! They may even be reciprocating the feeling! Help me make the New Years Parade the best we've had for a long time!

- PROMOTION PREREQUISITES: There are several members who are only just missing out on promotion by lacking in one or two prerequisites. Don't let something like a Level 5 trade, an NCOC course or an OA certificate snuff your chances of advancement. Take 30 minutes this month to make sure I CAN PROMOTE YOU on New Years Day! Please!

- ALL AT SEA: I will be at sea for a few days on several occasions during this month. I do not envision any disruptions to my normal duties, however I may not be available on BBM as often as normal.

5. SUMMARY

I'm really loving the atmosphere around the Corps at the minute - it's not the usual quiet ghost town that can be experienced during the end of an Election period, but a hive of activity, discussions, games and fun. I'd love to see this continue right up until the end of the year, and I'd love to see some solid recommendations heading my way for the end of the year.

Finally...this is the last set of Routine Orders I will issue for 2015, and it may be the last set I issue for a long time. I'd like to thank every one of you for remaining loyal and active within the Web Cadet Corps throughout my tenure as Commanding Officer - it has been an absolute privilege and honour to helm the ship once more, and I must say, we've had a blast. I know I can be irritating with my constant demand for updates, my mass spamming of the forums, my terrible jokes and my constant nautical references, but thank you for your patience and not sacking me before the years' up. It's been an absolute blast!

Thank you all.

And for the last time this year......don't forget to CHECK IN!!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    NicoleCastillo likes this.
  13. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    January 2016

CO-2016-01-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome to a new year! Throughout 2015 we worked together to repair some broken aspects of the Corps and got ourselves back on track. A lot of hard work was carried out and we ended the year in a very solid place.

As usual, January begins with a reshuffle in positions and a change in staff. During the first weeks of this month, please bare with us while new members get used to new positions, current members get used to new colleagues, and we all get settled in.

Lets continue on our upwards trajectory to make 2016 even better for the us and the Corps.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (DECEMBER)

In last months' Routine Orders, I set out several targets and goals for us to try and achieve. Traditionally, I'd use this spot to reflect on what we managed to achieve, what we didn't, and how we can improve.

As this is a new year, I'd like to consider it a fresh start, a blank canvas, and a new day. Therefore, I'll not go over the aims from last month. Traditionally, the Corps holds its' breath in December, awaiting with great anticipation the outcome of the election and the potential change in direction of the Corps. This has a knock on affect on everything in the Corps - and that's understandable.

Now we know where we stand, and we've turned over the page in the calendar, it's time to dig in and get ready for the challenges that lie ahead.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (JANUARY)

For the first month of 2016, I'd like to achieve the following:

1. Corps check in of 80%.
    2. Each element to complete 3 Trades or Qualifications.
    3. Promote one New Entry to Junior Cadet.
    4. Complete the staff reshuffle.
    5. Review and reissue Commanding Officers Standing Orders.
    6. Restart the long-overdue and drawn out Regulations Review.
    7. Complete a key-personnel communications check in preparation for a more in-depth communications check next month.
    8. Host the first Commanding Officers' Campfire Chat of the year.

- POSITIONS: I am accepting applications for ALL positions. Three tiers of deadlines have been applied to varying positions, so please double check these deadlines and make sure you have submitted your application in time. You may submit as many or as few applications as you want.

- INTERIM APPOINTMENTS: ALL current position holders will remain in their posts until they are either reaffirmed in that position or relieved.

- NEW YEARS DAY AWARDS: All awards and promotions issued at the End of Year Parade on 1st January have now been added to MyWCC. Please take a moment to check your MyWCC profile and ensure you've got what you're due - if you're missing anything, please inform your chain of command.

5. SUMMARY

January is a fresh start for everybody. New opportunities are present, and its a good chance for people to move up, move along, or try something new. Therefore, I'd encourage you to apply for as many positions as you'd like to; even if you think you're unlikely to succeed, you never know!

As you can probably appreciate, with the start of a new year, things will be very busy over the next week or two, while I interview and confirm position holders. It may take a little while longer for me to respond to you owing to this increase in activity, but please bare with me - I will get back to you.

You can expect to hear a lot more from me in the coming days and weeks as I set out our direction for the next 12 months!

And don't forget to CHECK IN! :)

Happy new year, one and all!

14. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    February 2016

CO-2016-02-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

February is the shortest month of the year, but now that staffing positions are secure, its time to knuckle down and get to work! Now that folks are settled in, I'm sure this month will be very productive indeed!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (DECEMBER)

I set following targets and goals last month, and here's how we got on as a team:

1. Corps check in of 80%. (ACHIEVED: 82%)
    2. Each element to complete 3 Trades or Qualifications. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AF - 6 / ARMY - 1 / CG - 5 / MARINES - 4 / NAVY - 14 / SPACE - 2)
    3. Promote one New Entry to Junior Cadet. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    4. Complete the staff reshuffle. (ACHIEVED)
    5. Review and reissue Commanding Officers Standing Orders. (ACHIEVED)
    6. Restart the long-overdue and drawn out Regulations Review. (ACHIEVED)
    7. Complete a key-personnel communications check in preparation for a more in-depth communications check next month. (ACHIEVED)
    8. Host the first Commanding Officers' Campfire Chat of the year. (NOT ACHIEVED)

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with those results. The check in was a bit slow, but we got there. There's several individuals who are presently at risk of being retired, so in the next month I want to try and reach out to those individuals and try and get them reconnected to our community and become part of the effort to help the WCC grow.

We've found our feet in January; there's a lot of new faces to new positions, so it's vital that we remain in constant communication with each other to solidify our operational boundaries and we come up with a slick routine for dealing with incidents, projects and activities. I'm keen to get the input of everybody for certain topics - at present, Ops & Logs staff are discussing the matter of inactivity within the Corps and how we deal with it, and I'm looking at revisiting Basic Training discussions and how we can advance as a Corps.

I also want to discuss what sort of a role ELEMENTS play in our current structure, because I'm keen on harnessing the power and cameraderie that comes with individual elements and uniforms, but its a case of working out how we can effectively do that. We've got targets set out for us to return to normal unit ops, and every element needs to be at a set standard, so I want to come up with a solution whereby every element can grow at a steady pace, rather than one or two elements galloping at a fast pace while others dwindle.

There's lots of exciting times ahead, and your input is absolutely vital to our future!

I know I wanted to host a CO's Campfire Chat, but owing to my time at sea, I've been unable to commit to a set time and place to hold it. I'm also reluctant to hold it on BBM again as it's a bit too 'busy', and owing to my poor internet availability, video conferencing is out of the question at the minute. I'll be revisiting the issue this month and see what we can come up with, because I find our Campfire Chats a great way of keeping in touch.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (FEBRUARY)

For February, I'd like us to achieve the following:
    1. Corps check in of 82%.
    2. For each element to complete 4 Trades and Qualifications.
    3. To promote one New Entry to Junior Cadet.
    4. Carry out a comprehensive primary communications check using the Chain of Command as a vessel.
    5. For the Nominal Roll to be updated to display personnel on Department Duties.
    6. To receive a public update regarding the status of Project ETP Phase from the Element Training NCO.
    7. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles.

- POSITIONS: Several positions currently remain vacant, including;
    • ADMINISTRATION OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • RECRUITMENT OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • DIVISIONAL FEATURES OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • NEWSLETTER EDITOR (A.C.E. Department).
    • SITE UPDATES OFFICER / NCO (Site Maintenance Department).
    Contact the appropriate Department Head for more details.

- TRADES PARTICIPATION AWARDS: Last year, medals were issues on a monthly basis to members participating in the completion of Trades & Qualifications based on their rate of submission and their element. As members receive the Trades Hall of Fame award for accumulating Trades Points, and the Training Contribution Award is to be awarded for 'contribution to Training', I have decided to stop this feature temporarily while a more appropriate reward can be decided upon.

- PERSONNEL ON LEAVE: The following personnel are currently on emergency leave:
    • Flying Officer (AF) WATSON - Any issues relating to the A.C.E. Department should be forwarded to Lt Col Hickton for action.
    • Colonel (A) NOBLE - Any issues relating to the Officers Academy should be forwarded to Major Setera for action.

- TRANSFERS: Personnel are reminded that requests to transfer between elements should be submitted by email to their Divisional Staff for cascading through the chain of command for approval. Six months must have elapsed since your last element transfer.

- FEATURES: Two Corps Features were executed in January (one of which is still ongoing). Participation levels were exceptional. This is a positive outlook for the future, and further fun features are in the planning stages as we speak. Well done to all.

- CADET OF THE MONTH: For January, Petty Officer Second Class (CG) Brendan COLBORNE is awarded the honour of being 2016's first CADET OF THE MONTH. BZ!

5. SUMMARY

After a constructive and beneficial month, I have no doubt that February will see the excitement of new positions and new directions settle down in favour of position holders setting out their mandate and the gears of the Corps will begin moving faster once more.

With our current staffing, I feel we are in the best position we've been for a while. There's lots of keen individuals ready to get things going and develop this place for the better, and I'm looking forward to helping nourish the desire for growth and advancement.

There's several individuals ready for promotion but just lacking in time in rank or one or two prerequisites - so as always, please please PLEASE double check your MyWCC profile, have a word with your Section Leader and see what's holding you back from that next rank!

And don't forget to CHECK IN! :)

ChrisDulong likes this.
  15. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    MARCH 2016

CO-2016-03-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

The first major milestone of 2016 accompanies the month of March as we continue to march towards the end of the first quarter. After an influx in activity throughout February, I hope to see things continue to thrive as the excitement of future projects grows!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (FEBRUARY)

Last month, I set seven aims. It's important to take a glance at how we got on, and then look at these aims in a little more detail:

1. Corps check in of 82%. (ACHIEVED AND SUPRASSED - 87% - 41/47)
    2. For each element to complete 4 Trades and Qualifications. (ACHIEVED & SURPASSED: Air Force - 5 | Army - 8 | CG - 43 | Marines - 5 | Navy - 14 | Space - 13)
    3. To promote one New Entry to Junior Cadet. (ACHIEVED & SURPASSED - 2 promotions - Cadet (A) Smalley, Cadet (M) Lin)
    4. Carry out a comprehensive primary communications check using the Chain of Command as a vessel. (INITIATED AND COMPLETED - Results under review)
    5. For the Nominal Roll to be updated to display personnel on Department Duties. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED - Logistics Officer was added to Nominal Roll but not personnel on Department Duties)
    6. To receive a public update regarding the status of Project ETP Phase from the Element Training NCO. (ACHIEVED)
    7. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles. (NOT ACHIEVED)

What is there to say? I'm impressed! That's the most green I've seen in a long time, and its fantastic to see that we're not just achieving our aims, but we're often exceeding those expectations!

Corps check in was brisk and robust as usual, however there are now several members who are at risk of being honourably discharged owing to non-check in.

The Communications Check was instigated on multiple levels, and tested responses to primary emails and the forums. I've received feedback from all position holders and I'll be reviewing it at the weekend. Initial early reports suggest turn out at section level wasn't as good as it could have been, however once I've digested the full picture, I'll be working with the Command Team and other key players to come up with a more robust and coherent plan to reach out to those who didn't respond. Communication is absolutely vital, but it shouldnt be a chore. In 2016, the majority of people have communications tools in the pockets of their jeans, and a 2 line email is all it takes - so we've got to work on harnessing that more effectively

The Trades Race is definitely hotting up, and it is very encouraging to see everybody working as a team to encourage participation and involvement across the board to increase submission rates and smash the aims set out. A special shout out to the Coast Guard....43 passes...in one month alone, you've surpassed the entire number of submissions made from your resurrection in May to the end of the last training year. BZ!

The regulations discussion regarding Basic Training is yet to get underway, however a delay in the commencement of this is possibly as a result of the Training Officer requiring emergency grievence leave and the untimely retirement of our previous Logistics Officer. It is absolutely vital that progress is made on this matter throughout March.

A big thanks to PO1 (CG) Colborne for providing a clear picture of where the Element Training Programme development plan currently sits, and for his efforts in creating a challenging and competitive atmosphere for this training. I look forward to seeing the ETP's continue to develop through this month.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (MARCH)

When we're achieving and surpassing our aims, it's important not to rest on our laurels. It's also important not to overshoot when setting goals though, as there's nothing more demoralising than a page full of red. Continuing to try and push ourselves, I'd like to set the following aims and goals for March:

1. Corps check in of 85%.
    2. For each element to complete 6 Trades and Qualifications.
    3. For two cadet-grade members to achieve a promotion.
    4. Assess and address the successes and shortfalls of February's Communications Exercise.
    5. For the Nominal Roll to be updated to display personnel on Department Duties.
    6. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles.
    7. For the SMD to present a 'glimpse' of the under construction MyWCC 7 by the end of the month parade.

• DIVISIONAL FEATURES OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    Contact the appropriate Department Head for more details.

- PERSONNEL ON LEAVE: Personnel are reminded to submit requests for leave through their chain of command by email. Personnel in key positions are reminded to keep their superiors aware of any personnel taking authorised leave so an accurate picture of Corps Activity can be maintained.

- TRANSFERS: Personnel are reminded that requests to transfer between elements should be submitted by email to their Divisional Staff for cascading through the chain of command for approval. Six months must have elapsed since your last element transfer.

5. SUMMARY

I've thoroughly enjoyed the excitement of seeing inter-element rivalries rekindle and as a result have an outstanding impact on activity throughout the past month. There are several personnel who are gunning for higher awards, and if their work continues in the positive tangent, then that will be easily achievable.

The future of the Corps is looking very bright from where I'm stood, and I'm excited to see where the next month will take us!

Keep your eyes peeled for details of March's Command Feature!

And don't forget to CHECK IN!

(DIVISIONAL STAFF - please circulate to your Divisional personnel by email).

16. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    APRIL 2016

CO-2016-04-001

1. INTRODUCTION

My fellow Cadets,

Welcome to APRIL, and the start of our second quarter! A full quarter into the year, now is a good time to take stock of where we are, and where we're going. It's also time to start acting on the things we've been discussing, and get down to some good old fashioned WCC'ing...so standby for a busy quarter!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (MARCH)

Last month, I set several aims. It's important to take a glance at how we got on, and then look at these aims in a little more detail:

1. Corps check in of 85%. (NOT ACHIEVED: 79%)
    2. For each element to complete 6 Trades and Qualifications. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AF - 0 | ARMY - 6 | CG - 38 | MARINES - 17 | NAVY - 28 | SPACE - 5)
    3. For two cadet-grade members to achieve a promotion. (ACHIEVED & SURPASSED: 3 - LG Campbell, PFC Lin, Cdt Boccaleri)
    4. Assess and address the successes and shortfalls of February's Communications Exercise. (ONGOING)
    5. For the Nominal Roll to be updated to display personnel on Department Duties. (ACHIEVED)
    6. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    7. For the SMD to present a 'glimpse' of the under construction MyWCC 7 by the end of the month parade. (EAGERLY AWAITING)

After an incredibly active February, March saw the Corps take a quieter turn - there were 832 more posts in February. That being said, there were still more forums activity throughout March than in the same month last year, so that's a positive!

Trade & Qualification submissions have remained a constant, with approximately 9 submissions per session - the Trades race has definitely been heating up. That being said, it was disheartening to see NO submissions from the Air Force. I'm hoping that AF Officers and SNCO's will rally together for a stronger showing throughout Q2!

Activity has been spurred on with the recent additions to the Corps of Cadet Boccaleri and PFC Lin - their advancement through the ranks is a refreshing welcome sign and I look forward to watching them continue to advance further.

Communication remains a point to improve upon - a series of Position Appraisals will be carried out throughout April utilising the chain of command and email so we'll see how that goes.

The outstanding Basic Training proposal point temporarily stalled owing to the busy RL schedule and a bout of sick leave of the Training Officer, but only this morning I've received word that it should be moving along now.

As mentioned in the End of Quarter parade, the SMO and ASMO have been working tirelessly on MyWCC 7 with the support of a few others. Progress continues, and the SMO hopes to move the system into a BETA mode in the very near future - with a sneak peak coming to you VERY soon (hopefully...).

All in all, March was still a productive month - more so for some elements than others, but we're definitely going in a good direction!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (APRIL)

Some of our aims set in March weren't achieved, or were only achieved partially. It's important that instead of pressing on, we revisit those things we didn't quite hit on to try and meet the mark before moving on. Therefore, I'd like us to try and achieve the following aims for April:

1. Corps check in of 80%.
    2. For each element to complete 4 Trades or Qualifications.
    3. For two cadet-grade members to achieve promotion to NCO grade.
    4. Carry out an appraisal of each individual holding a position.
    5. Carry out a full Operation Cleansweep of both Divisions and balance accordingly.
    6. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles.
    7. To launch two new Qualifications.
    8. To appoint a Newsletter Editor and begin planning for a relaunch of The Gazette.
    9. To appoint a Non Commissioned Officers College Senior Instructor.
    10. To begin the initial research/discussion phase of updating the Element Training Programme.

• SSF DIVISIONAL FEATURES OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • NCOC Senior Instructor (Training Department).
    • Divisional Senior NCO (SSF Division)
    Contact the appropriate Department Head / Divisional Officer for more details.

- PERSONNEL ON LEAVE: Personnel are reminded to submit requests for leave through their chain of command by email. Personnel in key positions are reminded to keep their superiors aware of any personnel taking authorised leave so an accurate picture of Corps Activity can be maintained.

- COMMUNICATION: If you've made a request or sent an email that requires action, and you've not received a reply within a suitable period of time (i.e. 72 hours or more), please contact the next person in your chain of command to make sure your request or concern is dealt with - don't just sit on it. This is also why carbon copying your chain of command in all emails is beneficial.

- POSITION APPRAISALS: This will be an ongoing, cascading evolution throughout April. I will carry out an appraisal of the Executive Officer, Logistics Officer and Corps Senior NCO, discussing with them my opinion of their performance, and opening a dialogue on how I can serve them better. Once they receive their appraisals, they will begin an appraisal of the next person in their chain of command (i.e. Department Heads / Divisional Officers), liaising with me throughout. Once that step is complete, the Department Heads / Divisional Officers will be required to appraise the individuals who report to them (Sub Dept Heads / Div SNCO's), liaising with their branch officer (LogsO / XO).

Don't worry if this sounds a bit confusing - I'll be posting a more detailed explanation over the course of the weekend - this is just a calling notice to raise your awareness. It's important that we are all able to carry out self assessments as well as being able to receive and react to constructive feedback. April is also a great 'rest point' to assess how our current staffing is working, and whether any shuffles are required.

- FORUMS IMPROVEMENTS: If you've got any ideas to improve, add to, or build upon our XenForo forums, please contact Group Captain (AF) Elliott, Forums Officer, to discuss your thoughts further.

5. SUMMARY

The inter-element rivalry is still going strong, but some elements are more active than others. Over the course of Q2, we're going to be looking at ways to rebuild element identity, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

There are several individiuals who are close to becoming eligible for advancement, but I think it's important to remember that promotions are not an automatic right. Granted, they aren't issued like honours or awards, however a certain level of deservingness is required. As your rank gets higher and your responsibility increases, the level of expectation increases. Certain Officer-grade promotions require a promotion board, wherein a group of Officers discuss the suitability of an individual for advancement. It's not a necessity for Divisions to carry these out for NCO's, but it can be beneficial - that way, if you're heading n the right direction, at least you know!

I felt honoured to bestow three element Crosses on hard working members of our community yesterday - recognition is something I really love, and awarding crosses demonstrate that element honour and pride is still a massive part of the Corps, and that despite our purple-mixed element divisional structure, a bit of love for your uniform is still possible!

So...the slate is clean once again...once more, we gallop into the unknown - let's go see what Q2 has in store for us all!

PS...don't forget to CHECK IN!

CoryHickton likes this.
  17. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    MAY 2016

CO-2016-05-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

MAY. The mid point of Quarter 2. Another month down - one month away from the middle of the year! And what a month May is set up to be, especially following Project Hermes' asteroid-like touch down!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (APRIL)

Last month, I set several aims. It's important to take a glance at how we got on, and then look at these aims in a little more detail:

1. Corps check in of 80%. (ACHIEVED & EXCEEDED: 85%)
    2. For each element to complete 4 Trades or Qualifications. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AF - 8 | ARMY - 2 | CG - 45 | MARINES - 18 | NAVY - 21 | SPACE - 6)
    3. For one cadet-grade members to achieve promotion to NCO grade. (ACHIEVED - Original aim of two was impossible).
    4. Carry out an appraisal of each individual holding a position. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: COMMAND - COMPLETED | DIVISIONS - COMPLETED | LOGISTICS - NOT YET COMPLETED)
    5. Carry out a full Operation Cleansweep of both Divisions and balance accordingly. (ACHIEVED)
    6. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles. (NOT ACHIEVED - REPEAT ITEM)
    7. To launch two new Qualifications. (ACHIEVED)
    8. To appoint a Newsletter Editor and begin planning for a relaunch of The Gazette. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    9. To appoint a Non Commissioned Officers College Senior Instructor. (ACHIEVED)
    10. To begin the initial research/discussion phase of updating the Element Training Programme. (ACHIEVED)

Well, team, I don't know about you but I'm generally pleased with that run down - much more green than previous months!

It was fantastic to hit and exceed our check in target again - hopefully we can continue that trend throughout this month. The Trades and Qualification Race is still smoking hot, with the Coast Guard smashing in some serious numbers and the Navy and Marines following up in second and third respectively. It was encouraging to see the Air Force return to the race thanks to JeffMalottJeffMalott, JoeRichardsJoeRichards and ChayPearsonChayPearson, and although the Army didn't quite meet the target this month, massive kudos go to QuentinBoccaleriQuentinBoccaleri for putting the Army element back in the field. Good drills, Trooper!

The appraisal trial was well received, however owing to the Logistics Officers' work schedule, he was unable to met the target to complete Department Head appraisals - this had a knock on effect on Department Heads appraising their respective departments. This aim will roll over to this month as I really feel appraisals of the position holder have many benefits. Once I've got a full house of appraisals, we'll sit down and review the process and investigate the benefits and drawbacks of introducing these appraisals on a more regular (six-monthly or possibly quarterly) basis.

The Executive Officer and his Divisional Command Teams instigated a swift Operation Cleansweep at the beginning of the month, sweeping up a few individuals overdue retirement. Numbers weren't as high as anticipated, and hopefully with Project Hermes underway and lots to do, retention will be on the up.

Unfortunately, the Basic Training regulations proposal is still in need of being handed over to the RegsO for the next steps. As this is a repeat item, it is of major importance it is addressed during May. Basic Training is one of the main cornerstones of our Corps' training regime, and the route from joining to Division life needs to be as seamless, smooth and watertight as possible. SCPO Reid is doing a fantastic job as the Corps Drill Instructor; hopefully this proposal (once discussed and hashed out) will improve the system for the better.

Qualifications were increased by two during April - big thanks to BrendanColborneBrendanColborne who created the Port Security Qualification, and in addition to that, the Amphibious Assault Equipment qualification was launched too. I know the issue of the badge and HOF points being absent is still outstanding - I spoke to our SMO about the issue last night and he's hoping to get it squared away in the next day or two - your continued patience really is appreciated, folks!

The appointment of a new Newsletter Editor was hindered by the vacancy of the A.C.E. Officer role. This aim is suspended until we can fill the position of Head of A.C.E. Department - once that's done, hopefully they can get the department back on track and firing on all cylinders. Only two applications have been received so far for the position of A.C.E. Officer / NCO - but it's a great role to get your teeth stuck right into. The Logistics Officer is presently on leave for a few days, but if you're interested (or want to know more), fire him an email and he'll get back to you on his return.

A big congratulations to JoshCoxJoshCox who was appointed as the new Non Commissioned Officers College Senior Instructor, taking over from CWO Malott.

Finally, the expansion of the Element Training Programme began in April with BrendanColborneBrendanColborne helming the discussions of topics to cover, work to be done and calls for volunteers. Expanding ETP's is one of the three pillars of our Project Hermes, and it's all hands to the pumps, so I hope you'll continue to give the Chief your support, assistance and ideas throughout.

All in all, a great month I say!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (MAY)

For May, I'd like us to look at the following:

1. Corps check in of 83%.
    2. For each element to increase their overall number of Trades & Qualifications passes over their number in April.
    3. Complete the Appraisal process throughout the Logistics Branch.
    4. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles. (REPEAT ITEM)
    5. To launch two more new Qualifications.
    6. To fix the 'missing badge / HoF points' Qualification issue.
    7. To appoint an A.C.E. Officer or NCO.
    8. To appoint six Element Coordinators for Project Hermes.
    9. To begin the initial research/discussion phase of Project Hermes.

• A.C.E. OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).

• The Logistics Officer, Air Commodore Medieros, will be on leave from 1st May to 5th May, and 19th May to 22nd May. All Logistics matters should be sent to command(at)webcdets(dot)com in his absence.

- COMMUNICATION: If you've made a request or sent an email that requires action, and you've not received a reply within a suitable period of time (i.e. 72 hours or more), please contact the next person in your chain of command to make sure your request or concern is dealt with - don't just sit on it. This is also why carbon copying your chain of command in all emails is beneficial.

- PROJECT HERMES: This Project will be even bigger than Project Minerva of 2015. As such, it will require the enthusiasm and input of everybody. Spread the word, bang the drum, it's time to stoke that fire and get back some pride in your uniform!

5. SUMMARY

We're fast approaching the mid-point of 2016, and we've got a mammoth Project ahead of us. Where we laid the foundation stones for future advancement last year, we're going to be laying the ground works for greatness this year. Exciting times ahead for us all as a team, and I hope you're as excited as I am!

Overall, April has been a positive month I believe. We've got a few key positions to fill, and I'm excited to see where those recently appointed to new positions take their new found roles!

Keep up the great work, each and every one of you!

MatthewFleming and MattReid like this.
  18. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    JUNE 2016

CO-2016-06-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

May is over and we are now into the sixth month of the year, and the last month of Q2 2016. Time really is flying, and this month will see several things move from 'discussion' to 'action'. I anticipate this month to be low key due to the time of year but lots going on all around.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (MAY)

1. Corps check in of 83%. (NOT ACHIEVED: 80% - 9 personnel didn't check in for May).
    2. For each element to increase their overall number of Trades & Qualifications passes over their number in April. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED: AF - 8(A), 22(M) | ARMY - 2(A), 3(M) | CG - 45(A), 51(M) | MARINES - 18(A), 15(M) | NAVY - 21(A), 27(M) | SPACE - 6(A), 0(M))
    3. Complete the Appraisal process throughout the Logistics Branch. (ACHIEVED)
    4. For the Basic Training regulations proposal to be submitted and discussed with the aim of creating additional Drill Instructor support roles. (REPEAT ITEM) (ACHIEVED)
    5. To launch two more new Qualifications. (ACHIEVED: Satellite Operator & CG Recognition)
    6. To fix the 'missing badge / HoF points' Qualification issue. (ACHIEVED)
    7. To appoint an A.C.E. Officer or NCO. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    8. To appoint six Element Coordinators for Project Hermes. (ACHIEVED)
    9. To begin the initial research/discussion phase of Project Hermes. (ACHIEVED)
    Unfortunately, we were unable to hit our check in target for May despite the efforts of all throughout the chain. We did come very close though, and I believe one additional check in would have probably hit the mark. Hopefully this month will see a return to form on the check in front!

I set an purposely vague trades target for May to see how all elements got on. The Coast Guard had the hardest aim, having to surpass their 45 passes from April - it was very pleasing to see them work together and exceed that target. The Air Force also made impressive gains throughout May, and the Navy element continued to put up consistently big numbers. The Army element managed to meet their target thanks to the efforts of LCpl Boccaleri. The Marines element just missed the mark, and unfortunately Space element didn't even leave the launch pad.

The Logistics department completed their belated appraisal reports, which concludes the first set of Performance Appraisal Reports. As a new introduction to the Corps, the whole experience was "bumpy" and timelines weren't strictly adhered to, but given the complexity and work load involved, this can be expected of a new item. I'm looking at making PARs a quarterly addition to Corps life, because I feel they're a great way to maintain an open dialogue with your superior, and also a good way to see how you're getting on on a regular (but not 'overly' regular) basis. I'm working with the rest of Command to fine-tune the experience so it's smoother next time.

I was incredibly pleased to see the Training Department jump into action and work together to address the repeat item of Basic Training. The regulation proposal was submitted, discussed, voted on and implemented all during the course of May, and the Training Officer, in consultation with the Senior Drill Instructor, is now on the look out for some new Drill Instructors - however, no applications have been forthcoming yet. It's a fantastic opportunity to get a job in the Corps and make a BIG difference.

Thanks to the efforts of our ASMO WgCdr Fowkes, May also saw the resolution of the missing Qualification issue. In addition to that, the Firearms Handler qualification was relaunched, and two new Qualifications (in the form of Coast Guard recognition and Satellite Observer) also launched.

The position of A.C.E. Officer / NCO still remains vacant and the total number of received applications is stuck at two - one NCO and one officer, both of whom already have a handful of positions. The Logistics Officer was looking to get at least one more applicant in the interest of variety, but that hasn't happened. That is a shame, because the position is definitely an important one which you can really sink your teeth into. Not only will you become one of the Corps' Department Heads, but you will be responsible for the public image of the Corps, the human resources of the Corps, and the 'fun' factor too.

Project Hermes is progressing at a good pace, and May saw the appointment of six Element Coordinators to help muster and manage their element efforts. At the time of writing, we are just about to move into Phase 3 (action) with nearly all elements locking in their Trade, Qual and ETP decisions and now on the search for volunteers. I'd just like to reiterate the importance of this project, and the opportunities it presents. This Project will lay the building blocks for an eventual return to normal unit ops. Its an opportunity to work as an element team, create some inter-element rivalry, and show your superiors what you can really do. I'm really excited about Phase 3!

Despite the appearance of May being a relatively quiet month - if you look at things on paper, we're still hitting targets and getting stuff done!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (JUNE)

For June, I'd like us to look at the following by the end of the month.

1. Achieve a Corps check in of 80%.
    2. For each element to achieve 10 trade & qualification passes.
    3. To launch one new Qualifications and one new Trade.
    4. For all Master Element Trade and Qualification badges to be updated and/or launched.
    5. To accurately collate the Cock of the Walk scores in preparation for the end of quarter parade.
    6. To develop a fun inter-division feature to boost division activity.
    7. To appoint an A.C.E. Officer or NCO (REPEAT).
    8. For all material requiring creation to be 'in progress' by the end of the month.

• A.C.E. OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • THREE (3) DRILL INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS (Training Department).

- PERSONNEL ON LEAVE: Personnel are reminded, especially as we head towards Summer, to submit requests for leave through their chain of command by email. Personnel in key positions are reminded to keep their superiors aware of any personnel taking authorised leave so an accurate picture of Corps Activity can be maintained.

- CO AT SEA: I will be joining my ship on 11th June. It's in home waters, so I don't anticipate any major restrictions in communication straight away, but I'll be able to give you a better idea when I get there. I'll not be taking any leave, but please bare with me on the 10th and 11th while I get ready to go, and while I get settled in. Thanks.

- PROMOTION PREREQUISITES: Yesterday, I came close to promoting several individuals, only to find out they didn't not quite meet the promotion prerequisites laid out in Chapter 9 of WCC Rules & Regulations. If you are unsure of what you need for promotion, check that chapter. If you're still unsure, speak to your Section Leader or Divisional staff. Double check for yourself to avoid disappointment.

- RECOMMENDATIONS: Certain awards or promotions require a board to sit and consider the recommendation. If you want your recommendation to succeed, you should include details, examples, quotes and as much information as possible for the board to consider. All recommendations should be sent through your chain of command, unless the person you are recommending is directly above you, in which case, send it to the next person in your chain of command. ANYBODY can submit a recommendation for a medal or a promotion - from the newest Cadet to the oldest Squadron Leader and above. All recommendations will be collated as they pass up the chain until they get to Command.

- PROJECT HERMES: Thank you to the large number of personnel who have contributed to the various stages of discussion over the past couple of weeks. As we now progress on to Phase 3, I appreciate you may not all be able to volunteer time to sit down and write things, but any input is greatly appreciated. Every little bit of work will be recognised somewhere along the line. The WCC is proving we can work as a team once again!

5. SUMMARY

As I've already said, I anticipate June to be quiet as we're approaching the Summer and the nicer weather (in certain parts of the world!). Despite this slump in activity, I know there's lot of work to be done around the Corps, lots of positions to fill, and lots of good times to be had - so please stick with us!

This month will see Project Hermes take a big step towards completion, so again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Work together with your element team mates to make sure your element isn't left in the rearguard!

One month away from the middle of the year already....time really does fly when you're having fun!!

QuentinBoccaleri and CoryHickton like this.
  19. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    JULY 2016

CO-2016-07-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

We are now into the second half of 2016. The end of Q2 was quiet but things still ticked over. This month, I hope to get 'back to basics' and try to re-engage more members and get things moving again.

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (JUNE)

1. Achieve a Corps check in of 80%. (NOT ACHIEVED: 70%)
    2. For each element to achieve 10 trade & qualification passes. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    3. To launch one new Qualifications and one new Trade. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    4. For all Master Element Trade and Qualification badges to be updated and/or launched. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    5. To accurately collate the Cock of the Walk scores in preparation for the end of quarter parade. (IN PROGRESS)
    6. To develop a fun inter-division feature to boost division activity. (ACHIEVED)
    7. To appoint an A.C.E. Officer or NCO (REPEAT). (ACHIEVED)
    8. For all material requiring creation to be 'in progress' by the end of the month. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    Sadly, a rather 'red' month. I believe this is down to our successes so far this year - the constant positive momentum has to end at some point, and it's important we regroup, narrow our aim and refocus our efforts. Do not be disheartened by the red - but lets try and improve on it for next month!

The Corps Check In of 80% was 10% shy of being achieved. This month, we'll be conducting an Operation Cleansweep to retire those personnel who haven't checked in for the past three months. In addition to that, a Campfire Chat and more features will hopefully encourage activity and thus checking in.

Trades & Qualifications remain an uneven ground. Three elements managed to achieve (and exceed) the "10 passes" target of June, and three elements fell short of the mark. In the instances of the elements falling short, it harks back to the check in rate...we need to try and reengage those members. Unfortunately, if the spread of inactive members is unevenly distributed amongst elements (a factor we cannot control without forcing people to transfer), then we will always struggle to hit the mark as a team. This month, the bar will be set really low, because its important we set achievable TEAM targets.

The launching of one new Trade & Qualification was not quite achieved. One new Qualification (Astronomer) was launched recently, and another (Spacecraft Recognition) has been submitted to the Training Officer and is pending approval. I have two Trades currently in various stages of readiness, and I really hope to get them squared away this month. This year, together, we've launched an incredible number of new Qualifications - expansion of our legacy training can only be a good thing and allows those who are knocking on the door of a 'full house' of Trades & Quals to keep on participating.

Objective Bravo of Project Hermes is the rebalancing of Master Trades & Qualification badges - and in certain element cases, creation of the initial badge. To make things as fair as possible, I wanted to change all criteria over in MyWCC in one go, so there is a level playing field and a smooth transition. To do this, I need to make sure all details are approved, accurate and live. There's still work to be done (1 Space Qual to launch, 1 Space Trade to write and launch, several trade and qual conflictions to iron out) - once we're there, this will happen.

On the topic of Project Hermes - the aim of everything being listed as 'in progress' was incredibly ambitious - given the scale of material to be written and the number of personnel available to assist. A full review of Project Hermes has just been conducted (this evening), and a shift in timeline has been issued. Together - we will complete the Project!

Cock of the Walk mathematics are now being worked out and verified by Divisional and Administration Staff following the End of Quarter parade. Results of COTW are expected (hopefully...) by Friday 7th July (if not earlier). Please remember there is six months worth of data that needs to be verified and checked, and lots of things happening, and only a finite number of personnel involved - so patience is greatly appreciated.

The Executive Officer launched a new inter-division feature to improve division rivalries as we begin the march into 'Honours Alley' - with Operational Readiness Ribbon and Divisional Retention Awards on the horizon (WCC DAY), its time to start engaging divisions and clashing horns! Making the competitions a bit more interesting! This was also a precursor to the XO's announcement of the Esprit de Corps Bell, which is a quarterly division award intended to recognise the division with the highest morale and most successful and engaging features.

The Head of the Administration, Communication & Entertainment (A.C.E.) Department was finally filled yesterday following a slow application period and a tightly-fought interview phase. New opportunities and a new direction will now be on the horizon with Senior Technical Sergeant (S) Alexis WOLF at the helm as A.C.E. NCO!

As I've mentioned - its not as important to assess why we didn't achieve our aims last month as it is to decide what we're going to do to address the shortcomings. I think what I've outlined above is a good start to a better month and quarter!

3. TARGETS & GOALS (JULY)

For June, I'd like us to look at the following by the end of the month.

1. Achieve a Corps check in of 70%.
    2. To appoint a new Corps Senior NCO.
    3. For each element to achieve one trade pass.
    4. For each element to achieve one qualification pass.
    5. To conduct a Campfire Meeting (Saturday 9th July).
    6. To launch one new Qualifications and one new Trade.
    7. To launch an inter-divisional feature to identify a secure name for the Esprit de Corps Bell.
    8. For each division to launch a divisional feature.
    9. To complete the Corps Performance Appraisal Reports process in accordance with COSOs.

- CORPS SENIOR NCO: ALL NCO's are invited to cast a vote (by emailing co@webcadets.com and sending me a private message in the forums) for whom they would like to see succeed CTSgtC Hickton as Corps Senior NCO. Candidates are CMCPO (N) Josh COX and SCPO (N) Matt REID. Voting closes at 1800 BST on Monday 4th July.

- POSITIONS: Several positions are currently vacant, including;
    • Administration Officer / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • THREE (3) DRILL INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS (Training Department).

- PERSONNEL ON LEAVE: Personnel are reminded, especially as we head towards Summer, to submit requests for leave through their chain of command by email. Personnel in key positions are reminded to keep their superiors aware of any personnel taking authorised leave so an accurate picture of Corps Activity can be maintained.

- PROMOTION PREREQUISITES: Several members continued to miss out on promotion at yesterdays parade. There were three counts of lacking a trade (only one level!!), two counts of lacking a CAT-3 position (Drill Instructor? NCOC Instructor? Section Leader), and several counts of lacking the correct NCOC courses (Drill Instructors Qual, Section Leader Qual, NCOC Instructors Qual). If you're scratching your head wondering why you weren't promoted, please have a look at your profile and compare it to 0906 of WCC Rules & Regulations - or speak to your Division Staff.

- PROJECT HERMES: A full review of Project Hermes has been conducted and the Phase 3 completion deadline has been extended from 31st July to 21st October. This will enable us to work as a team to complete the required work, code it up and get it live in time for the WCC Day festivities.

5. SUMMARY

I don't think there's much more to say folks, other than - Lets make JULY a really great month. Lets dig in, engage, and get things moving once again.

And don't forget........to CHECK IN!!

Yours,

20. JoshSylvester

JoshSylvester Shipwreck

WCC ROUTINE ORDERS
    AUGUST 2016

CO-2016-08-001

1. INTRODUCTION

Fellow Cadets,

We are now in the midsts of the summer period. As is now common practise, the Corps will continue without an 'official stand down', but if you know you're going to be on holiday, on camp or unavailable - please let your chain of command know!

2. PERFORMANCE SUMMARY (JULY)

1. Achieve a Corps check in of 70%. (ACHIEVED - 87%)
    2. To appoint a new Corps Senior NCO. (ACHIEVED - BZ, MCPOC (N) Cox)
    3. For each element to achieve one trade pass. (ACHIEVED)
    4. For each element to achieve one qualification pass. (ACHIEVED)
    5. To conduct a Campfire Meeting (Saturday 9th July). (ACHIEVED)
    6. To launch one new Qualifications and one new Trade. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED)
    7. To launch an inter-divisional feature to identify a secure name for the Esprit de Corps Bell. (NOT ACHIEVED)
    8. For each division to launch a divisional feature. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED)
    9. To complete the Corps Performance Appraisal Reports process in accordance with COSOs. (PARTIALLY ACHIEVED)

A much better check in result was achieved throughout July. Although it was initially stuck just above the target, towards the second half of the month, several personnel returned and checked in as a result of direct communications with their Divisional Staff - great work!

Following the standing down of MTSgt Hickton as Corps Senior NCO, a plan was quickly put in place at the beginning of the month to find a suitable replacement as CSNCO, based on the procedures laid out in WCC Rules & Regulations. Although the overall turn out of voting NCO's was not as great as I had hoped for, an acceptable number cast their votes within the short time frame and a new CSNCO was selected.

The low threshold of trade and qualification passes has enabled every element to achieve the aim this month - which is great! With more and more trades and qualifications being created and made available as the weeks go by, hopefully everybody will get onboard. MTSgt Hickton's History of Space Exploration trade is now online, and another Qualification is in the system and awaiting SMD support to bring it online - I had hoped this would be available before the end of the month but this was not the case.

The first Campfire Chat of 2016 was held on 9th July and was very beneficial. From this, several items came up, including the start of a full power Discord trial as a primary means of communication. I had hoped to conduct another campfire meeting tonight, but owing to work commitments I must regrettably reschedule the meeting.

Owing to activity and communication issues, the joint-divisional Esprit-de-Corps Bell related feature was abandoned. Furthermore, only Fortress Division established a divisional feature throughout July. I hope to support and encourage the creation of divisional competition/activity with the forthcoming WCCLympics.

Finally, the second round of Performance Appraisal Reports was sluggish and in certain cases the reports were not completed at all during the allocated time period. A Command Review of the process and an investigation into the non-completion of numerous reports will commence throughout August. These reports are not done just for fun, but to provide an opportunity to discuss the performance of position holders with the position holders themselves and provide a platform to discuss the direction of a specific area of the Corps.

3. TARGETS & GOALS (AUGUST)

For August, I'd like us to look at the following by the end of the month.

1. Achieve a Corps check in of 75%.
    2. For each element to achieve two trade pass.
    3. For each element to achieve two qualification pass.
    4. To conduct a Campfire Meeting within the first two weeks of the month.
    5. To launch one new Qualification.
    6. To reshuffle the Master Trade & Qualification badges and complete Objective Bravo of Project Hermes.
    7. To successfully conduct the 2016 WCCLympics.

- POSITIONS: Several positions are currently vacant, including;
    • RECRUITMENT OFFICER / NCO (A.C.E. Department).
    • SECTION LEADER (Fortress Division).
    • TWO (2) DRILL INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS (Training Department).

- PROMOTION PREREQUISITES: Personnel continue to miss out on advancement opportunities as a result of not meeting the prerequisites for promotion. Check your MyWCC profile against 0906 of WCC Rules & Regulations. Speak to Division and Training staff to see what you need to do. Even if you're certain you meet the requirements, ask your Div Staff to verify and confirm it for you. Don't miss out on a promotion opportunity as a result of your own complacency!

- PROJECT HERMES: A full review of Project Hermes was carried out in July and the Phase 3 completion deadline has been extended from 31st July to 21st October. This will enable us to work as a team to complete the required work, code it up and get it live in time for the WCC Day festivities.

5. SUMMARY

I anticipate August to be one of our quietest months of the year owing to the Summer season. I will do my very best to maintain activity, and I invite you all to participate in the WCCLympics - more details will be released in due course about that. If you're off on leave, please PLEASE let your chain of command know.

And don't forget........to CHECK IN!!

Yours,